37?!


Can this even be true?  Full term?  37 weeks?  The time has flown by, but then when I actually look back it seems like I've been pregnant forever.  Friday night I packed my hospital back, well I put some things in a pile- pretty close to packing right?  And tonight I packed up our diaper bag.  Some of the things I don't think I'll need in the hospital, but I LOVE my diaper bag and what if we had to go somewhere right after we left the hospital and the baby needed his diaper changed?  I must be prepared. 
Here are a few updates:
-This baby is up in my ribs.  It's making sitting difficult.  And three hours at church today felt like an eternity!
-Sometimes I get so much energy to get things done and get things ready for the baby {nesting}, but then I get SO exhausted.  It's one of those times where I forget that I am pregnant and growing a human inside of my belly.
-Still working out!  This deserves an exclamation point.  I am so grateful that I am still able to, although I almost peed doing jumping jacks last week.  I have to make adjustments to my workouts.  -Running sometimes gives me contractions. 
-Heidi is 33 weeks! It has given me so much comfort to be able to go through this with my sister.
-I feel like our baby could come any day now, so we have our parents on call.  Mike's mom now sleeps with her phone by her bed.  Every time I call my mom she answers the phone with hello?!?!  with the tone of "are you in labor?! Do I need to buy a plane ticket?"  That day will be SO exciting/a little nerve racking.
-I refuse to watch a birth video.  I started to watch one one day and very quickly turned it off.  I have read a few books and articles galore, so I know exactly what my body is going to be doing, but I do not want to see it and have that visual before hand.  It will just freak me out.  Mike watched one this morning though as we were laying in bed.  I wish I had recorded his expressions.  They were priceless.
-I have a few sewing projects for the baby that I need to do this week.  Baby mittens, changing pad for the diaper bag, hooded towel, more burp cloths (because I just love the ones that Megan made for me!).
-Mike is going to be the best father.  He is most excited for skin on skin time.  I can't wait for our little babe and him to interact.  I hope our son grows up to be just like him and looks to him as an example of a righteous priesthood holder.
That's it for baby news.
Things are really looking up in Utah.  The weather here has been so nice.  Like 60-70 degrees nice.  After the horrid winter temperatures combined with my higher body temperature it's basically like summer.  Yesterday I laid on the couch with the windows open and I listened to the birds chirping in the trees while I read my pregnancy book.  Hello spring!  You can stay for a while!

Comments

Sara Blue Star said…
What pregnancy book are you reading?

Popular Posts