9 months!

Can you believe it? 9 months!  Everyday I fall more and more in love with my little buddy.  I am so attached to him that when I put him down for a nap, or if a neighbor is watching him, or if Mike takes him- basically anything to give me a little break- I can't stand it! I want to wake him up from his naps and play.  I want to pick him up the moment I drop him off at a neighbors house.  I want to hold him the minute Mike gets home from work and starts playing with him. 
Dana got Finnegan  a book for Christmas called I Love You Through and Through.  When we got home from California and started unpacking our bags I wanted to read through all the books he got (parental screening).  When I got to that book in particular I started to cry a little. 

i love you through and through... 
i love your top side. i love your bottom side. 
i love your inside and outside. 
i love your happy side, your sad side
your silly side, your mad side.
i love your fingers and toes, your ears and nose. 
i love your hair and eyes, your giggles and cries.
i love you running and walking
silent and talking
i love you through and through... yesterday, today and tomorrow too.

I just love him so much. 

and with that, here is what's new with Finn...

// sings at church.  seriously.  from the second every begins singing he is making sounds.  as soon as everyone stops, so does he.  it's adorable.

// he does NOT stop moving.  it's exhausting, but so fun.

// he has been pulling himself up to standing, but just from short objects.  just yesterday he pulled himself up on the couch.  and this morning he pulled himself up in his crib!  after he pulls himself up he looks to me or mike for approval and has a huge smile on his face because he is so proud.

// climbed the first step on our stairs.  mike had me go buy a gate the next day.  (we still have yet to put it up though.  oops.)

// says mama!!!  when he says it i point to myself and say "hey!  that's me!" I don't think he gets it yet though.  we're working on dada now.

// his two top teeth have almost broken through.  

// he eats all sorts of foods now.  it's fun introducing them and watching the faces he gives.

// when mike puts him down for bed finn will lay his head on mike's shoulder and put his arm around his neck and stroke his skin.  such a precious moment.  we think he is saying, "dad, it's ok, you don't have to put me to bed, i'll just sleep right here on you."

and many more things, but here are some photos.






 


Comments

Popular Posts