1 year. say it isn't so.

My baby is 1 year old!  (plus a few days).  This has been the fastest and most rewarding year of my life.  I have learned so much about myself and about my Heavenly Father and his eternal plan.  I love Finnegan so much.  It is a different type of love.  It is so deep.  I didn't know it was even possible to feel this way.  I live for the moments where he cuddles with me (which are becoming less and less) or falls asleep on me.  I wish I could hold him and kiss him and snuggle him all day long.  Because of his genetic disorder (VLCADD) I have to wake up in the night and feed him, just until he weighs a little more, and as much as I would like to get a full nights sleep, I love those quiet moments of Mama and babe.  He is my little buddy and I don't know what I would do without him.

We had most of our family in town this last weekend and it was so fun to reminisce about what we were all doing the night my water broke.  How not one of us got much to any sleep with the anticipation of our little guy.  And once he came, oh! I will never forget those precious moments- his tiny cry, the way he looked at me as I first held him, the slow and awkward way he moved his arms and legs, and the cuddles.  I wish I could go back in time and relive that day.  It is a day I will never forget.

 {1 month}

 {2 months.}


 {3 months.}


 {4 months.}

 {5 months.}

 {6 months.}

 {7 months.}

 {8 months.}

 {9 months.}

 {10 months.}

 {11 months.}

 {12 months.}

happy birthday mister!

Comments

Jenna said…
Erin! I didn't know your little boy had a genetic disorder! I'm glad you've caught it and are taking good care of him! I'm sure the late-night feedings are exhausting. We should chat about this sometime.

What a blessing it is to have a beautiful, healthy baby boy! It looks like he had a fun first birthday.

Popular Posts