california summer.

Mike, who was already out of town, called me on a Tuesday and said he was going to have to be LA for work over the weekend and told me to pack up the kids and meet him down there!  We had been trying to plan a trip to California but it kept getting postponed because work was pretty busy for Mike, so this seemed like our best option for us to all be there.  My parents had just finished a major remodel of the home I grew up in and I was dying to get there!  We ended up staying for 2 weeks and had way too much fun together.

Our first stop on our way down to California was to Grandma and Grandpa Hondo's house.  Finn loves to get all riled up and Dottie obviously loves to be held for pictures.


It took us way too long to drive from St. George to my parents' house, but we finally made it and the weather was perfect.  I love going on bike rides in the early morning with my dad.  We always stop where the river trail meets the ocean.  I love the early mornings so much.


Our first beach day.  Victoria Street in Laguna.  Who is this handsome guy!!




 Grandparupa and Nona took Finn to see Finding Dory.  Looks like they had the theater to themselves!


Of course a ride on the carousel at South Coast Plaza.  I love that little smile.

Grandparupa loves a napping buddy.

Cousin Danny and his family came from Texas to spend the weekend.  Finn was obsessed with their kids and we barely saw him the whole time.


Hermosa Beach Pier.



Beach with Aunt Kellie!


Reunited with Sara and our kiddos.

Shopping with GGma!

I love being at the beach in the late afternoon.  The tide is perfect.


Visiting GGpa.  Finn and Dot were a hit with all his friends!

We couldn't have ended our trip any better.  Mike ended up having to take a business trip during our vacation and his boss felt bad so he offered us some tickets to ADELE!!! We sat in a VIP lounge.  What. A. Night.

While we went to Adele, Heidi and her kids came to spend a week.  I'm so glad we were able to overlap even if it was only for less than 24 hours.  I can't get enough of those cutie kids.

Hit up Cafe Rio in St. George on our way home.  Turns out Grandpa Hondo heard we were there and decided to meet us only to pull up as I was rushing into our car.  Oops!


and now i'm really missing my tan,

Comments

Popular Posts