christmas in ca + family photos.

I was looking forward to Christmas for a whole year.  Actually, everyone in my family was looking forward to it.  We were so excited to have everyone together AND to have two little babies as a new addition.
It was quite the adventure getting to California.  Finn and I planned on leaving on a Thursday, and Mike had to change his flight and leave the next day because of work.  Turns out the day I was looking forward to (so much so that I barely slept that night), the day my little buddy and I were suppose to head for warmer temperatures ended up not being possible.  There was a really bad snow storm that day and all flights were canceled.  Thank goodness we hadn't started our trek to the airport before we found out.  So, we sat on the couch.  I cried and in my mind thought that Christmas was ruined!  Finn looked at me like I was crazy, because I was.  I was so upset about not being able to fly home that I completely disregarded the fact that there was a thick blanket of snow on everything and the snow would not let up, which made driving conditions very dangerous.  Finn ended up throwing up a couple hours later and had a fever.  He slept on me all day. Of course looking back I saw these events as tender mercies.  We could have been in an extremely dangerous situation driving to the airport had our flight not been cancelled.  And how bad would I have felt if my little Finnegan had become sick while away from home.  Christmas was definitely not ruined. Thank goodness I was rerouted to Mike's flight the next day (another tender mercy).  We were able to spend the night as a family and off to CA we went!

{the day mine and finn's flight was cancelled michael cheered us up by taking us to dinner.}

 {get me outta this snow!!}

 {that's one tuckered out paparupa.}

 {right after this was taken he wanted to know what the floor tasted like.  his face was covered in sand.  so gross.}

 {that's a happy baby! sideways tongue.}

 {that's jesus in his manger that finn is eating.}

 {aunt heidi made kenley's dress and finn's bowtie so they could match.  these babies are just adorable!}

 {twins.}

{family pictures. by dana.}






{christmas eve gang at g gma's}

{finn was having a hay day with all the boxes and wrapping paper.  wish we would have known that's all he wanted for christmas!}

 {michael read to finn and i on christmas eve.}

{christmas morning.}

 {aunt kellie came over on christmas day to hang out with us!}

 

Comments

Popular Posts