mama thoughts.

I was just looking back at some old photos of Michael and I dating and our engagements and wedding.  It is so hard for me to imagine my life without Finnegan. Really. This little human being that I love so much must have always been a part of my heart and when he came to our family we were complete. I love him so deeply and unconditionally that it is hard to fathom at times.

When Michael travels Finn takes over as "man of the house" as Michael likes to call it.  I seem to have a different relationship with Finn when Papa is gone.  He is my best, best friend.  My buddy.  We do everything together (which is normal), but when Michael is gone it is amplified.  It usually means I want Finn to stay up and hang out or watch tv with me at night to keep me company, but then I think of the repercussions and I quickly put him to bed.

I love my little family so much.  I love watching Finn and Michael interact.  And amidst the minor tantrums, I love seeing Finnegan's sweet personality burst out of him.  I love looking at life differently.  Not only through a child's eyes, but through a mama's eyes.


Comments

Popular Posts