granola recipe.

This granola was SO good.  I took a few different recipes and combined them to make my own.  It's very versatile and you could really add whatever nuts or dried fruit you want.  It was just so good!


4 1/2 c. rolled oats
3/4 c. slivered almonds
1 1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. coconut (flaked)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. organic maple syrup
little less than 1/4 c. olive oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. dried fruit (I used dried cranberries)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Mix together oats, pecans, almonds, coconut, cinnamon, salt.

Warm sugar, syrup, olive oil in saucepan over low heat until sugar has just dissolved.

Fold liquid into oats mixture.

Spread on a cookie sheet and bake until dry and lightly golden: 35-40 mins.  Stirring to evenly bake.

Remove and mix in dried fruit.  Cool and store.

(I also found some recipes that added chocolate chips... which I'm sure would be yummy!!)

Comments

Popular Posts